Welcome to the Ondiamo Family! We are so happy you’re here.
We offer introductory summer camp experiences for families. We offer various programs in Toronto and just outside of the city.
Scroll down to find out more!
About Camp Ondiamo
We’ve selected our most popular programs from our years of experience running overnight family camp programs, and woven them into an immersive family day experience. We operate at community centres within the city during the year, and our spring program is at a camp is conveniently located just a 45 minute drive from Toronto!
Our camp programs are intended for families of all shapes, sizes, and make-ups. This can include parents, grandparents and extended family of all ages, along with children. We accept children of all ages, but our program is best suited for children ages 2-14. Families may choose to bring children under 2, as the site is stroller friendly.
- Parents, grandparents, uncles and/or aunts with children ages 2-14
- Families looking for off-screen time together
- New Canadians looking to experience camp
- Parents who want to introduce their children to camp
Ondiamo’s Next Event: Evening Program in the City
February 25th, 2024
North Toronto Memorial Community Centre
If you’re looking for immersive introduction to the Canadian summer camp experience, Camp Ondiamo has the programs for you! Families with children ages 2-14 can rotate through engaging and fun activities that will introduce children to camp and provide entertainment for the whole family. Some of the Evening Program in the City activities include:
- Arts and Crafts
- Circle and group games
- Movement-based games
- And we always end the evening off with a relaxation/mindfulness activity
Camp Ondiamo Day Program
A Perfect Outing for the Day
Camp Ondiamo is a choose-your-own-adventure event that allows families to engage in exciting and dynamic camp programs at a beautiful camp located on a lake. This year it will be located at Camp Robinhood (10243 Reesor Rd, Markham, ON L6B 1A8)
This 4-6 hour summer camp event is held in a nature-based camp location just 45 minutes away from the city, and allows your family to dive into life at camp. Families will rotate through engaging and fun activities that will introduce children to camp and provide entertainment for the whole family. The activities will be led by our competent and dedicated camp staff and will focus on full family participation. Some of the traditional camp activities include:
- Outdoor Cooking
- Tie-dying Clothing
- Bracelet Making
- Field games
- Chocolate Making
- And so much more!
Families can choose how involved they get in each activity. Some families may decide that a more relaxing pace is best for their family and can complete the activities that seem most appealing. Other families may choose to push themselves and complete all aspects of the 20+ activities.
Families who complete all activities will have successfully completed our Camp Adventure course and will receive a well deserved reward. Here is an example of some of the more unique activities that will be available:
- Make slime
- Build a paper airplane and fly it through a narrow passage
- Sing a song with your head tilted back and filled with water
- Find the jelly beans buried in a cream pie with your eyes blindfolded and only using your mouth
- Complete a musical obstacle course relay
- Treasure hunt in the sand
- Will food be provided? Snacks will be available for purchase.
- What if it is raining and/or cold? Camp Ondiamo has extensive accessible indoor and outdoor space which makes it the ideal setting for any type of weather. Expect some small changes in programming if it is rainy, but expect the same level of fun, comfort and enjoyment 🙂
- When is the start time? Flexible from 10am-12pm.
- Can I bring my dog? Please leave your furry friends at home.
- Do I have to sign up? Yes, please register and pre-pay for each event.
- Will anyone else be there? There will be up to 50 families on site at any given time, but with so many activities available, don’t expect to wait long at each acitivty.
- How do I get there? There is no transportation provided. Families are expected to drive and free parking is available.